This Statement sets out the policy of Littlefields Supplies Limited in respect of our general work activities within all sectors in which we operate within and also ensures that the company’s intention is to assist in protecting the environment as a whole as well as our personnel whilst at work.
Annual objectives are set and reviewed in line with this policy to maintain the highest standards in protecting the environment. Littlefields Supplies Ltd seeks to find new ways to minimise the environmental impact of its business activities in order to achieve continual improvement.
The following specific steps will be taken by Littlefields Supplies Ltd to minimise the effect of their operations:
- Implementation of measures to reduce emissions into the atmosphere from our vehicles by minimising the use of vehicles for purposes for work where possible and by ensuring they are regularly maintained.
- To monitor our vehicle fleet to increase efficiency, improve CO2 emissions and reduce fuel consumption/mileage wherever possible.
- Reduce or minimise the energy and water consumption of the business and our carbon dioxide emissions.
- Dispose of waste in a responsible manner, ensuring that we comply with the applicable and current legislation.
- Consideration of the environmental impact of any purchases made.
- Use of suppliers who take away packaging for re-use or recycling.
- Reduce waste production and carry out recycling as much as possible.
- We will, wherever practicable, only use sub-contractors and suppliers who comply with the requirements of our environmental management policy.
All persons are made aware of the contents of this Policy and become familiar with the conditions and precautions laid down. A copy of the Policy is available at our offices during normal office hours and is available to all interested parties.
All employees of the Company are expected to exercise diligence in ensuring that this policy is adhered to. The company shall ensure that employees have the skills, knowledge and resources necessary to ensure compliance with this policy.
Responsibilities of individuals are determined by their grade of employment as detailed elsewhere in Company documentation. We ask all employees to assist us in the cooperation and implementation of this policy – the involvement of employees and safety representatives is actively encouraged.
This Policy and its associated documentation is reviewed after changes in legislation, changes in the structure of the Company, in the light of additional knowledge or information becoming available, and in any event, annually.
Health & Safety Policy
The Directors of Littlefields Supplies Ltd recognise their responsibility to ensure, so far as reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare of all their employees, customers, members of the public and others who may be affected by its activities. It also recognises its responsibility to comply with clients’ requirements whilst on their infrastructure and its responsibility for other persons when they are on our premises.
It is the continuing aim of all Directors to promote and maintain a high standard of safety, so as to prevent personal injury and ill health and to continually improve occupational health and safety management and performance of their employees and other persons who may be affected by the business activities.
Littlefields Supplies Ltd commit to complying with legal requirements and to providing a framework of objectives for setting and reviewing health and safety improvements. The Directors aim is to establish best practice and to use best, established methods of management within all operations as we seek to further develop this through a process of continual improvement.
We aim to protect the health, safety and welfare of all those involved in our activities by providing and maintaining a healthy and safe environment.
This policy is communicated to all persons working under the control of the organisation and is available to all interested parties.
It is our policy to:
- Provide adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities;
- Consult with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety;
- Provide information, instruction, training and supervision for employees to enable the safe performance of work activities.
- Ensure all employees are competent to do their tasks, and to give them adequate training;
- Expects that all its employees will act in a responsible manner and fully co-operate in the implementation of the Company Safety Policy and in ensuring that safe working is an integral part of each task. Everyone has a legal obligation to take reasonable care for his or her own health and safety, and for the safety of other people who may be affected by his or her acts or omissions.
- Prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health;
- Maintain safe and healthy working conditions; and
Health and Safety should never be compromised for other objectives.
This policy is regularly monitored, reviewed in the light of any legislative or organisational changes and on an annual basis and updated as necessary (annually as a minimum).
In order to achieve the process of continuous improvement our management objectives are established at the beginning of each year.
Quality Assurance Policy
It is the continuing aim of the Directors of Littlefields Supplies Ltd to utilise best practice in compliance with current legislation and standards to provide a cost effective and timely access service that achieves or exceeds our customers’ expectations and to comply with the requirements and continually improve the effectiveness of the quality management system.
The management system and quality policy will be defined and documented within company process which will be issued as a controlled document to all operational centres.
We strive to continually improve the effectiveness of the management system by setting quality objectives. The objectives are defined, implemented, monitored and reviewed through the management review process.
The company seeks to:
- Increase our customer base by providing a Quality Service to our customers.
- System mandatory for all company personnel, communicated at induction, on notice boards and is available to the public.
- Undertake audits at scheduled intervals to ensure compliance.
- Continually improve the organisation’s infrastructure.
- Ensure that employees have the skills, knowledge and resources necessary to ensure compliance with this policy.
The quality policy and management system are reviewed periodically by internal audit and by management review to ensure its continuing suitability and compliance.
The quality policy is displayed at all operational centres and is available to all interested parties.